ENT is a surgical speciality which deals with conditions of the ear, nose, and throat (ENT) region. Doctors who specialize in this area are called, otolaryngologists, ENT doctors, ENT surgeons, or head and neck surgeons.
What does the ENT doctors treat?
- Diseases of the ear: You may need to see an ear, nose, and throat doctor if you have an ear disorder or condition, such as a hearing loss, ear infections, disorders that affect balance, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), or pain in your ear. ENT specialists can also treat congenital disorders of the ear (disorders you were born with).
- Diseases of the nose: ENT specialists often manage and treat problems that affect the nose, nasal cavity, and sinuses. Nasal & Sinus Allergies Nasal Polyps, Nose Bleeds. These problems can affect smell, breathing, and physical appearance.
- Diseases of the throat: Disorders and conditions that affect the throat can affect speech, singing, eating, swallowing, and digestion. ENT specialists can diagnose, manage, and treat these problems.
- Disease of head and neck: Ent specialist treat, tumours, trauma, and deformities of the head, neck, and face. (SKULL BASE SURGERY)
- Surgery: Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery in these areas.
- Neurology disorders: They can also manage problems with the nerves in the head and neck that control sight, smelling, hearing, and facial movements.
What are some Common Symptoms treated for?
- Ear Discharge
- Foreign body in Ear, Nose, Throat
- Pain in your ears, nose, or throat
- Hearing Loss
- Loss of Smell
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Voice Disorders
- Snoring & Sleep Disorders
- Sore throat
- Drooping of the eyelids
- Deviated septum
- Ear: Ear Microsurgery, Stapedotomy,Cochlear Implant Surgery, Mastoidectomy
- Nose: Sinus and Nasal Endoscopic procedures, Sinuplasty, Septoplasty and Septorhinoplasty
- Skull Base Surgery: tumours and nerve related
- Throat: Tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, Laryngoplasty
- Head and neck tumours, Thyroid, Parotid surgeries