A specialist may be a medical practitioner UN agency focuses on medical specialty, the branch of drugs dedicated tothe identification, prevention, study, and treatment of mental disorders. Psychiatrists ar medical doctors, not likepsychologists, and should value patients to see whether or not their symptoms ar the results of a physical unwellness, a mixture of physical and mental ailments, or strictly medical specialty.
As a part of the clinical assessment method, psychiatrists might use a mental standing examination; a physical examination; brain imaging like a X-radiation (CT), resonance imaging (MRI), or antielectron emission imaging (PET) scan; and blood testing. Psychiatrists order drugs, and will additionally use psychotherapy, though the overwhelming majority do medical management and talk to a scientist or different specialised expert for weekly to bi-monthly psychotherapy.The NHRC Department of Psychiatric medicine provide best facility in patient care.
As a department, we tend to not solely offer the very best quality of patient care, however additionally lead the statein discoveries that area unit reworking our understanding and treatment of mental disease and addiction.
We have a long experience in addressing the mental health conditions. Our experienced psychologists analyze the reasons behavioral disorder, emotional problem or psychiatric disease, and suggest and implement a valid solution to the problems customized to individual needs. The privacy of the patient is taken seriously during the total course of treatment.
Examples of signs and symptoms include:
- Feeling sad or down
- Confused thinking or reduced ability to concentrate
- Excessive fears or worries, or extreme feelings of guilt
- Extreme mood changes of highs and lows
- Withdrawal from friends and activities
- Significant tiredness, low energy or problems sleeping
- Detachment from reality (delusions), paranoia or hallucinations
- Inability to cope with daily problems or stress
- Trouble understanding and relating to situations and to people
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Major changes in eating habits
- Sex drive changes
- Excessive anger, hostility or violence
- Suicidal thinking
To determine a diagnosis and check for related complications, you may have:
- A physical exam. Your doctor will try to rule out physical problems that could cause your symptoms.
- Lab tests. These may include, for example, a check of your thyroid function or a screening for alcohol and drugs.
- A psychological evaluation. A doctor or mental health provider talks to you about your symptoms, thoughts, feelings and behavior patterns. You may be asked to fill out a questionnaire to help answer these questions.